Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics)

[PHOTOS] UNIOSUN Graduate “A Corper” Shares His Terrible Accident Experience Along Ore Road, 8 People Died

A Naija (Graduate of Uniosun, Abati Olamilekan) sent this in for us:-

My name is Abati Lekan, a graduate of Osun State University. I am a corp member serving at Abia State. I had an accident on my way to Aba (my place of ppa) along Ore road last week Tuesday (O5/01/2016)...

 

On that fateful morning, prior to the accident, the driver made up his mind that didn’t want to drive the bus again, because he had a disagreement with his company ‘OHLOMA LINE’ (Abule-Egba), Lagos State about logistics and loading fees. After a while, they reached an agreement with the driver, so we kick-started our journey some minutes after 8am.




When we got to the normal stop-over at Ore Park, Ondo state. I approached him and told him that “Oga nawa oo, u no want stop for us before abi”, all he responded was “Wetin I do?” He then frowned and left my sight, even before then, he was driving like someone who knew he was going to die that particular day, with his indecent driving. Four minutes after we had all eased ourselves, we continued our journey.

As we were approaching Benin, I told the person seated next to me that I was scared, that the driver was making me restless. Not long after that, a jeep ran hit us hard, the jeep was said to be approaching Ore, as explained by Road Safety Officials. They explained that the driver slept off so he unconsciously swinged from his lane to our own lane.




All I knew was a vehicle hit us hard, and all I heard was ‘Gbaaah!!!’ When I woke up everywhere was dark, it was like I was dreaming, I couldn’t help myself out, three people were on me, I couldn’t breathe easily, and I was crying and shouting repeatedly for an helper, not even knowing two of those three people ontop of me were lifeless..

The breath I was breathing out was the same I was breathing in, it was a very tough decision to make, whether to give up fighting for breath or not. Then I began to shake my leg continually, someone outside noticed the bus was shaking, so he had to break the rear glass and pulled me out.

When I eventually got out of the vehicle, I then realised it wasn’t a dream, we had lost 5 people in the bus, including the driver, the person sitted next to him, we also lost a corper at that spot and two beautiful children lying lifeless in the gutter.






I began to cry, i couldn’t hold my emotions, and couldn’t believe my eyes still. On Thursday (06/01/16) three people were again confirmed dead (We lost another corp member, making it two dead corp members). It was really a terrible experience for me, but God brought me out alive, I should have shared this before now, but I was just discharged at the hospital.
May the souls of the dead Rest In Peace!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment